15 SHELLHARBOUR COMMUNITY AND SPORTING GROUPS TO SHARE IN $330,000 CBP FUNDING
Member for Shellharbour, Anna Watson MP, has today announced that fifteen local community groups from the Shellharbour electorate will share in $330,000 of funding under the 2018 Community Building Partnerships (CBP) program.
These funds will deliver much-needed improvements to local facilities in the Shellharbour Electorate.
Healthy Cities Illawarra has been awarded $29,225 to extend and enhance the kindergarten outdoor learning and play space at Warilla North Public School. The new learning space will help to enrich the school environment and will include a range of inclusive and culturally reflective elements.
Other successful projects from the Shellharbour Electorate include:
· Lakeside Lions Junior Soccer Club has been awarded $20,000 to install fencing at their home ground, Webb Park in Kanahooka;
· The Australian Motorlife Museum has been awarded $9,034 to install new energy efficient lighting and ceiling thermal insulation the Museum in Kembla Grange,
· BaptistCare NSW & ACT has been awarded $15,832 for the refurbishment and urgent repairs of the Warilla North Community Centre hall;
· Careways Community Inc. has been awarded $8,250 to purchase and install air-conditioning at Horsley Community Centre; and
· Shellharbour City Sharks Rugby League Football Club has been awarded $50,000 to construct a Woman/family Lounge at Ron Costello Oval in Shellharbour.
Established in 2009 by the former State Labor Government, the Community Building Partnerships program continues to deliver much needed funding to local not-for-profit groups for new community infrastructure projects that will enhance local facilities.
Comments attributable to Anna Watson MP:
“Congratulations to the fifteen organisations from the Shellharbour electorate that were successful in their application under the 2018 Community Building Partnerships program. I trust that once complete, these projects will make a positive difference in our local area.
“This is great news for the Shellharbour electorate. It is one of the best parts of my job, as a Member of Parliament, being able to give back to these organisations and seeing their projects come to fruition.
“I continue to be impressed with the calibre of projects that are put forward locally, each and every year, under this program. It just goes to show what an energetic and diverse not-for-profit community base we have in the Shellharbour electorate."
Below, is the full list of successful projects in the Shellharbour electorate for 2018: